Steps to follow…
- Select appropriate type of Return Form.
2. Download Return Preparation Software for selected Return Form.
3. Fill your return offline and generate a XML file.
4. Register and create a user id/password.
5. Login and click on relevant form on left panel and select "Submit Return".
6. Browse to select XML file and click on "Upload" button.
7. On successful upload acknowledgement details would be displayed. Click on "Print" to generate printout of acknowledgement/ITR-V Form.
8. Incase the return is digitally signed, on generation of "Acknowledgement" the Return Filing process gets completed. Assessee may take a printout of the Acknowledgement for his record.
Þ Generally we don’t have Digital singes.. so, go to next step)
9. Incase the return is not digitally signed, on successful uploading of e-Return, the ITR-V Form would be generated which needs to be printed by the tax payers. This is an acknowledgement cum verification form. The tax payer has to fill-up the verification part and verify the same. A duly verified ITR-V form should be submitted with the local Income Tax Office with in 15 days of filing electronically. This completes the Return filing process for non-digitally signed Returns.
You can find more details at
You can download E-filling application form from
Or you can simply click here for salary/TDS persons(ITR-1).
You can see previous and current filling reports at Loginà My AccountsàMy returns
For any queries.. you can call or email to
Aayakar Sampark Kendra (ASK)