9th August, we had our planned meeting at 3 PM. Few of us (including me) were late, but the meet went on. It was nice to see enthusiasm of around 10 of us. The numbers were less, but definitely we will make it big over the period of time and I am sure about this 🙂
1. We will have our next meeting on the 6/7 September at the same venue (I will update the Wiki too)
2. We can have the meeting timing customized monthly (Once on a weekend, once during a weekday etc)
2. We will continue to have monthly meeting.
3. Agenda of the meet can be a demo and a presentation of any security related product/service developed by working members.
4. We will need to spread the word of OWASP to as many people as we can. Members can forward OWASP information to various groups (Developer/Testing/Network) and spread the word to join with us to build the security community in the city.
Agenda for the next meet:
1. What is OWASP? – Hari
2. Demo / How to of one of the OWASP tools – Ritesh, Microland
Please mark you calenders and do make yourself available.
Syed is considerate to provide us the venue for next few months and then we can plan going foward.
+91.98860 01976 Mobile
+91.97400 12924 Mobile
The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is an open community dedicated to enabling organizations to develop, purchase, and maintain applications that can be trusted. All of the OWASP tools, documents, forums, and chapters are free and open to anyone interested in improving application security. We advocate approaching application security as a people, process, and technology problem because the most effective approaches to application security include improvements in all of these areas. We can be found at www.owasp.org.
OWASP has local chapters world wide and Bangalore Chapter was formed in 2004 to bring together Software Professionals to share and discuss aspects of Software Security.
Even though we had few unsuccessful attempts to meet and bring people together, the momentum is slowly gaining pace and we are now working towards building security ecosystem in the city.
Activities of the Chapter
Meet once in a month
Effective utilization of the mailing list
Other activities as members initiate
Monthly Meeting Agenda
During the monthly meets, we have one presentation on a choosen topic by an initiative member and one demo of any security related tool by members / vendors.
The next meeting is scheduled for 6/7 September (Date and time to be finalized). During this meet, we have:
Overview of OWASP Presentation
One of the OWASP Tool Demo.
Microland has been considerate to give us a meeting place in their office during the weekends. We continue to have our meetings in their office.
Please sign up for the mailing list at https://lists.owasp.org/mailman/listinfo/owasp-bangalore.
Anticipating your cooperation to make this movement a huge success.
OWASP Linkedin Group
If you have a linkedin account, you may join the OWASP Bangalore Chapter Group.