‘కార్యేషు దాసి, కరణేషు మంత్రి, భోజ్యేషు మాతా, రూపేచ లక్ష్మీ, శయనేషు రంభ, క్షమయా ధరిత్రీ… ఈ వాక్యాలకు చక్కటి ఉదాహరణ నువ్వు’
Meaning of ‘Karyeshu Dasi, Karaneshu Manthri; Bhojeshu Mata, Shayaneshu Rambha, Roopeshu lakshmi, Kshamayeshu Dharitri, Shat dharmayukta, Kuladharma Pathni’.
According to a popular verse of Neeti Sara which is written by a man, the 6 Noble Virtues a housewife should have are summed up in the verse, ‘Karyeshu Dasi, Karaneshu Manthri; Bhojeshu Mata, Shayaneshu Rambha, Roopeshu lakshmi, Kshamayeshu Dharitri, Shat dharmayukta, Kuladharma Pathni’. Wifely virtues are also described in Tulasi Ramayana (Sri Ramacharitamanasa) Aranya Kanda verse 4 as advice given to Sita by Sage Atri’s wife Ansuya.
1) Karyeshu Dasi: works like a servant
2) Karaneshu Mantri : advises like a minister
3) Bhojeshu Mata: feeds like a mother
4) Shayaneshu Ramba : Pleases in bed like the heavenly beauty Rambha
5) Roopeshu Lakshmi : Beautiful like Goddess Lakshmi
6) Kshmayeshu Dharitri : Having patience like Earth
7) Shat dharma yuktah: woman who has this six virtues
8) Kula dharma Patni : good housewife (a married woman who is not employed outside the home)
Beauty and Rambha may not be applicable nowadays …
My opinion is inner beauty is more important
Marriage is a sacred thing . So dont give more importance to Physical contact.
After attending some devotional seminars I got good idea on how to treat one’s wife.
In short, a good housewife should
Be like a servant in doing the chores of the House
give intelligent advice like a minister to her husband
serve food to the husband as lovingly as a mother feeds her son
like a courtesan in the Bedroom
Beautiful like Maha Lakshmi and
Have the forbearance of Mother Earth